Friday, August 12, 2011

Meeting the new Pediatrician...

Okey dokey....weeeeell, the lesson learned today was, "don't assume anything will be simple" !! LOL

Today, we went to meet Mia's new pediatrician.  The thought process was that since she is going to be a new patient for him, and him a new doctor for her, well, I thought they should meet.  I don't know that I won't need to call him after surgery for something else, and I just kinda thought that as her new doctor he should have a "heads up" that she's having the surgery, etc.  For the past couple of weeks and up until today, I was thinking..."no shots....no real examination....yeah, ok...we should be good !!!  A piece of cake !!".  WRONG!!
Apparently all of these doctors visits have made my girl somewhat paranoid.  She had a HORRIBLE meltdown, didn't want him to touch her, to look at her or anything!  It was just "ugly".  On a couple of different levels.  Our new doctor (who really is a VERY nice man) said that Mia looked good...checked her iron...looked her over...watched her walk...and, said to let him know how the surgery goes.  I feel better that he knows, at least, a little something about her now.  As the visit progressed, I began to get a glimpse of not only Monday's visit to meet her surgeon...but, the week after, when we go for surgery.  If she reacts anything like she did today...well, let's just pray she doesn't.  The only thing that calmed her down was her music.  Thank God I have her favorite group (Il Volo) on my phone....she said, "Ignazio sing to me and make me feel better.".....You got it !!! Grabbed the phone, pushed the button and said, "Sing, Ignazio, Sing !!!"....thankfully, it worked, she settled down, and we could get her dressed and out of there !!!! ;)

Aside from the meltdown of "biblical proportions", the visit was very good.  We believe we have found a very good doctor for our Mia to see....and, we became even more incredibly aware of how grateful we are for all of the prayers being said for Mia and for us.  Please, please keep them up !!!  Clearly, we need them !!  ;)

Monday (8/15/11) should be another post, after we meet the surgeon, and get all the details for surgery.

Thank you all for your continued love, support and prayers, and thank you for being a miracle for our Mia !!!
With a Mommy's heart,
xoxox


listening to Ignazio, Gianluca & Piero, and beginning to settle down....

This is Daddy's "she's breaking my heart" face....he just wanted to get his girl out of there !! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you !!! <3